Frequently asked questions
How do I get started?
- If this is your first time using Clarify you will need to create a new account.
- Once you are logged in you will have access to information about each of the modules. Click on the ‘Buy Now’ button to purchase the module you have selected through Paypal, a secure payment platform.
- You will need to login to your PayPal account (if you have one), or have your debit or credit card details available to pay for your course.
- You will be sent an email containing a receipt confirming payment has been received. This will also be your tax invoice.
- Your access to your purchased module(s) has now been authorised. You may need to refresh your home page to see the course access. You have 4 weeks to complete the module. If you have not completed the module your access to the module will expire. You will receive a reminder before the course expires if you have not already completed it.
- Set aside around 60 minutes to complete the module. Although you don’t have to do it all in one sitting, to maximise your learning we recommend that you try to do so.
- Download the PDF document which contains the ‘Course Notes’ for your module. We strongly recommend that you save this to your computer for future reference as it will not be available once your course expires. These notes complement the material that will be presented in the video. We suggest that you have these notes alongside you when you are completing the module. There are other useful links to relevant information – see the ‘Helpful Links’ box on the right side of the page when you are in the module.
- Once you have successfully passed the final assessment at the end of the module you will be emailed a Certificate of Completion. The certificate will also be available through your Clarify user home page . Your certificate can be used by you, and provided to your employer, regulator, college or anyone else, as evidence of successful completion. Each Certificate contains a unique identification code .
What does each module contain?
For full details of what each module contains you can click on the What is included in the module button on the homepage. However, in brief, each module contains 35-45 minutes of studio recorded video content; a downloadable PDF handout that sets out a summary of the key learning points; regular breaks in the module to test your knowledge; a final summative assessment of 12-15 questions; and a certificate of completion once the final assessment has been successfully completed.
How can I have confidence in the quality of information in these modules?
The modules are written and presented by recognised and credible health law and health sector legal experts from Claro – New Zealand’s health sector lawyers. You can read more about Claro’s lawyers and its specialist expertise at www.clarolaw.co.nz.
Can I buy this for all my staff to watch together on a team day or do I have to buy individual access only?
You need to buy individual access only. Our terms and conditions of use mean that the modules cannot be shown in classroom or group sessions. Also, the certificate that is produced will be in the name of the individual whose user account was used to purchase the module, so only that person will have evidence of having completed the course.
Do you answer legal questions?
We do not answer legal questions through the Clarify site. If you have legal questions you can contact Claro through its website www.clarolaw.co.nz.
The videos won’t work in my browser, what should I do?
This platform has been tested in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. If you are using another browser, we recommend that you try using one of the above browsers. Videos are streamed from a third party provider, so you will also need to ensure that you have sufficient internet speed for video streaming. If you have checked all of the above and are still having trouble, please email us for help at firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails will be replied to during business hours.
How many times can I watch the video?
You can watch the video as many times as you like during the 4 weeks immediately following purchase. After 4 weeks, your access to the course and its contents (including the PDF handout) will expire. We recommend that you download and save the PDF handout before your access to the course expires so that you can refer to the handout in future. You will be able to access your Certificate of Completion through your user profile page, and a copy of the certificate will also be emailed to the email address used to enrol you in the course.
I’ve lost my certificate, can you please replace it?
We strongly recommend that you save your Certificate of Completion wherever you maintain all of your CPD/recertification records. You will be able to access your Certificate of Completion through your user profile page, and a copy of the certificate will also be emailed to the email address used to enrol you in the course upon successful completion of the course. If you need a replacement, please contact us at email@example.com. We will do our best to help you but cannot guarantee that we will be able to provide you with a replacement certificate. It is highly unlikely that we will be able to provide a replacement if you completed the course more than one year ago.
Can someone else pay for my course on my behalf?
Yes. Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
How do I get a GST receipt for my purchase?
Our PayPal payment gateway will email you a proof of purchase, but is not able to provide a full GST receipt; however, we will be regularly generating and emailing GST receipts to the email address used for registration in the Clarify site. If you have not received a GST receipt within one month of enrolling in a course, please contact email@example.com with confirmation of the course you enrolled in and the email address used.